Description The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the management of his/her assigned Sales Representatives. The incumbent will direct the sales team in the implementation of the Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health (BI AH) sales/marketing plan to assure maximum distribution and market penetration of BI AH products within company guidelines, policies and directives. The Regional Sales Manager ensures equal and consistent application of established policies and procedures in the management of employees to meet or exceed sales goals. Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, enhances, and increases regional sales performance to meet or exceed annual Company sales and market share objectives. Exercises fiscal control on allocated operating budgets.
- Recruits and selects applicants from a pool of qualified candidates to ensure all allocated positions are filled. Effectively administers salary and reward programs. Utilizes appropriate data sources to develop tactical plans and to manage region at a high level of productivity. Actively monitors progress of work, cross-functional activities and accountability within the region. Plans and executes region meetings that effectively implement objectives and strategies as determined by the Company. Manages sample activities to adhere to company policy. Cultivates teamwork by facilitating cross-region communications and projects.
- Spends appropriate amount of time developing customers, networks and their relationships, in conjunction with regional territory managers to foster Company business. Responds to the needs of the customer in a timely and professional manner. Develops the regional business plans. Develops positive relationships with Company internal customers.
- Communicates candidly with supervisor and direct reports. Ensures an open communication environment for direct reports. Completes Field Coaching Reports as directed by management. Applies appropriate coaching styles to each direct report to develop skills and ensure accountability. Completes all administrative responsibilities as directed by management. Successfully completes all Sales Training requirements.
- Improve the effectiveness of direct reports and recognize and develop personnel for increased responsibility. Ensures that the region is staffed with qualified, highly motivated sales personnel. Support learning opportunities and encourages others to own their careers and take full advantage of BIAH career development offerings. Drives performance management including all disciplinary action to ensure personnel are meeting or exceeding expectations in their roles.
- Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g., EEO,FDA, etc.) and Company policy and procedures. When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management. Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts in order to maintain BIAH's excellent reputation in the community.
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- A minimum of 5 years successful sales experience, in animal health preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years successful management experiencepreferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other database applications.
- Ability to travel (may include overnight travel).
- Should reside in region geography or be willing to relocate.
- Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record.
- Authorization and ability to drive a Company leased vehicle or authorized rental vehicle.
- Domestic travelrequired.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older