Join the team named one of the Top 100 Companies by Working Mother Magazine and a 2016 Fortune 100 "Best Companies to Work For"
WellStar is the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, priding itself in investing back into the communities that we serve. With eleven unique hospitals, over 1,000 beds, and a strong Physicians Group, WellStar has become a shining example of what’s possible when talented, passionate people dedicate themselves to making a difference in the industry and in the communities we serve. We are more than 20,000 strong to meet the health demands and needs of our communities.
The Cath Lab Manager position is for WellStar Atlanta Medical Center Downtown. AMC is a 460-bed, Level I Trauma Center and teaching facility, which offers a very fast paced work environment with a wide variety of patient diagnoses. The manager will have oversight of the Cardiac Cath Lab, ECHO, and EKG departments.
The nurse manager is a registered professional nurse who provides leadership and management of a specific unit(s) or service through the effective use of knowledge and skills to promote the creation of a center of excellence for staff recruitment and retention and clinical and business outcomes. The nurse manager is the standard bearer on his/her unit and holds all participants on his/her unit accountable for the delivery of care and services through effective communication; observation; and the management and measurement of specific interventions/practices and their associated outcomes. Responsibilities include clinical, financial, human and material resources deployment and associated outcomes or goals.
Required Minimum Education, Licensure/Certification and Experience for this position:
- Must be a Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing with Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN); Master’s Degree is preferred. If bachelordegree is not in nursing, MSN must be from an accredited nursing school.
- (2) Two years of progressive experience in nursing management is required.
- (3) Three Years of Cath Lab Nursing experience is also a requirement. National certification in area of specialty is also preferred.
- Current and active license as a registered nurse in the State of Georgia.
- Must have a current BLS certification from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment.
Job Id: AM-1160756