The Catering Sales Manager will be directly responsible for creating unique dining experiences by directing, selling, up-selling and actively participating in the planning and production of catered functions. Working closely with clients, as well as with the sales, culinary and operations staff, they are responsible for ensuring that events are coordinated and executed smoothly and in accordance with all client expectations and specifications.
The Catering Sales Manager will focus on the development, implementation and measurement of the revenue objectives contained within the unit's annual marketing plan. He or she will direct and manage the sales team and all sales activities to meet revenue objectives and attain the top line financial forecast. This includes developing sales with existing business (forecasted group/local business) and executing strategies to develop new business.
The Catering Sales Manager will support the planning of and preparation for events according to anticipated attendance, and will provide hands-on management and oversight in the areas of service and F&B operations during events.
- Maximize Centerplate's catering revenue through creative sales techniques and customer focus.
- Provide leadership and direction to operations staff.
- Contribute to goal of making Centerplate #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelors degree in business, hotel/restaurant management or a related field, and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on the job effectiveness.
- 5-7 years of catering sales experience, with at least 3-5 years in a management role.
- Prior experience in a similar venue with more than $5M in food and beverage sales.
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience
- Must possess strong knowledge of food and wine for menu development.
- Must possess strong knowledge of food and beverage financials, operations procedures, controls and administration, as well as awareness and ability to perform all sales-related functions.
- Solid and proven track record for sales and leadership success.
- Tech savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Flexibility, ability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.