is seeking an experienced, independent Catering Director
in Fort Worth, TX
TCU is a private univeristy located in Fort Worth TX. The Director of Catering will work with the sales team, marketing and the culinary team to lead the execution of all catering and special events on campus to include athletics. TCU is a member of the BIG XII confernece and is growing rapidly. The Director of Catering will report directly to the General Manager and will have 2 salaried managers reporting to them. TCU is a showcase account for Sodexo, and this position will give the catering director a chance to shine for many client and Sodexo VIPs. Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry. The ideal candidate will have the following:
Working for Sodexo:
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent leadership/team building skills
- The ability to handle catering at all levels from students to executives
- Professional demeanor is required
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ... every day. Apply Now!
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now! Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs . Position Summary
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Oversees a highly complex and high volume of catering sales and functions in excess of $1.5M in managed catering volume.
Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo's strategic plan.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standardsQualifications & Requirements
B asic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years o f experience in catering, food production, or food service management or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.