Our client, a Fortune 150 Global Medical Device Supplier is looking for a Category Sourcing Manager to lead all Metals Category Procurement Sourcing in transition to a centralized Global Sourcing Strategy for this $3 billion Division located in Central /Southern CA
Reporting Directly to Global SC Procurement Manager, with a global team of 5 Category Leaders and 20+ indirect staff, this Manager will be responsible for the purchasing and supply management activities for medical grade and specialty metals.
Spend approx. $20-50M
200-300 suppliers inTier1-3 supply chains
- Works closely with key stakeholders in both Corporate and Division organizations to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans.
- Nurtures stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner; helping to identify critical business requirements and providing sourcing and procurement services that meet expectations.
- Drives reduced total cost of ownership by optimizing Tier 2 and Tier 3 supply chains
- Conduct thorough Data Diagnostics of TCO on all category suppliers
- Leverages extensive market and supplier knowledge to drive lower TCO and leads initiatives to significantly influences functional strategy anticipating internal/external business challenges and drives change
- Proactively identifies areas of opportunity for new business opportunities; process improvement; and cost efficiency. Provides insight to the business unit on how to best develop and leverage all Metals Supplier capabilities for the organization.
- Strong understanding of "One Procurement" centralized category strategies and works on projects that impact the "One Procurement" team.
- Educates on existing solutions and enables performance and technical tools development
- Develops supplier KPI's and management. Drives value and savings for categories and manages ongoing supplier relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree (Supply Chain/Logistics/Eng ideal) MBA preferred.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM); Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or similar
- certification desirable. Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification desirable.
- 5+ years of Procurement and /or deep Category experience (ideally metals categories) with min 3+ year successful track record within procurement and supply chain management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Robust people skills that include developing strong relationships and solving problems. with Some experience leading teams.
- Strong use of spreadsheet programs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent interdisciplinary, intercultural, influence, and networking skills. International experience.
- Some knowledge of markets by regions.
- experience with Supplier management and global markets by region
- Ability to develop actionable implementation plans.
- Knowledge of category technologies and products.
- Good negotiating skills.