The Category Process Specialist – Capex is responsible for the strategic sourcing support of capital equipment, labor and spare parts for use in operations facilities. The Category Analyst partners with engineering, operations and business partners to develop and execute long term Procurement strategies aligned with business goals. He or she will support a Global Procurement Category Leader with supply strategy through market intelligence, sourcing, supplier selection, contract negotiation and supplier performance management. The Capex Process Specialist will also support the development of the Procurement deliverables in ADM’s global Capital Project Management process to ensure stakeholder engagement on the adoption of FEL (Front End Loading) Capex project execution, data-centered decision making, effective supply decisions and supplier accountability for delivery, quality and service expectations. He/she will prepare non-disclosure agreements, requests for quotes/proposals and agreements specific to Capex. He/she will manage supplier relationships with key equipment suppliers to deliver long term value.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to determine requirements and develop capital spare parts sourcing pipeline to drive cost reduction, improved supplier performance, demand management and reduced risk. Ensure strategies remain aligned with business goals over time.
- Partner with Capex Procurement Lead and project execution team on the adoption of FEL (Front End Loading) process to peer review projects as well define procurement strategy and procurement plan needed to efficiently execute.
- Apply market intelligence, internal business goals and historical spend to determine strategic opportunities
- Prepare and issue requests quote, proposal or information to qualified suppliers
- Analyze responses and make data-driven recommendations
- Act as prime negotiator with suppliers on price, terms, quality and service.
- Develop and implement contractual framework in close cooperation with legal
- Document and manage supplier expectations, deliverables and key performance metrics as required.
- Partner with the contractor/engineering and supplier companies to manage expectations of the contracts, delivery and invoicing to manage the in budget delivery of the project implementation and completion, developing and maintaining relationship with key suppliers.
- Incorporate E-procurement best practices into all sourcing events
- Partner with internal risk and compliance groups to ensure category strategies incorporate relevant laws, regulations, and risk policies.
- Capital Project Purchase exposure
- Commercial skills/contract law
- Customer solutions focused
- Negotiations skills
- Skilled in cost/benefit and market analysis and alternative decision making
- Technology adept (eProcurement and P2P systems, standard Office Suite)
- Strategy development
- Project/Task management
- Global awareness (culture, currencies, geography, political)
- Continuous Improvement
- Communications (oral/written)
- Ability to influence and lead outcome
- Relationship management
- Team oriented.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field is required
- A Masters degree in Business is desired
- Minimum of six (6) years professional work experience with three (3) years in purchasing for global companies
- In-depth understanding of various contracting models and experience in operations, is strongly desired.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.