Footlocker.com/Eastbay is looking for a Category Marketing Manager to develop and manage marketing strategies that will ultimately lead to the achievement of categorysales objectives related to Running and Training products. The Category Marketing Manager will creatively market their category across available channels, and plan and execute footwear and apparel merchandising on designated Footlocker.com web sites and print catalogs.
Category Marketing Managers also: ?
§ Provide leadership throughout the categorymarketing process and develop and maintain relationships that inspire trust and respect?
§ Design overall category strategy ?
§ Create integrated marketing plans to help ensure merchandising and promotional efforts achieve sales objectives and align with brand strategies?
§ Provide quarterly updates to key stakeholders ?
§ Assess and measure marketing effectiveness?
§ Coordinate development and delivery of creative assets through collaboration with other functions (brand, MCM, vendor management, purchasing, creative)?
§ Generate and implement Internet marketing ideas for special promotionsassociated with sporting events, new product launches, new technology, etc?
§ Lead or participate in key merchandising initiatives or programs with moderate to wide visibility ?
§ Communicate collections and assortment strategies and tactics to category teams?
§ Provide direction to marketing specialists, copywriters, and designers on Eastbay catalog layouts and production schedule?
§ Champion creative concepts throughout the organization to ultimately deliver relevant messages to consumers?
§ Serve as a resource for account managers to make certain category assortment is appropriate for specific Foot Locker web sites?
§ Participate in vendor pre-line and final line meetings. Works closely with buyers to become familiar with products and consumers to develop appropriate marketing strategies and designs for communicating to the target?
§ Understand category demographics and stays current with marketing/merchandising trends?
§ Direct photo and video shoots to align with brand strategies and capture assets to use across categories?
§ Participates in the creation of the story board and shot list?
§ Represent the company and assigned category at athlete photo / video shoots, vendor meetings, grass root events. etc ?
- § Communicate to the customer service teams (call center, internet, etc.) as needed regarding upcoming promotional details, contests, product initiatives, etc., as related to their category
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college, three to five years related experience, or an equivalent combination. As well as: ?
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including the ability to inspire, mentor and influence others within a work group?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations?
- Experience in a cross functional work environment, project management or matrix organization?
- Strong brand understanding and ability to deliver a premium consumer experience?
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.?
- Ability to travel up to 15%