Category Manager, Supply Chain & Logistics
5 - 7 years experience • Retail / Health & Pharmacy
Are you a high-potential Sourcing practitioner, with deep experience in managing spend for categories like transportation, fuel, supply chain equipment and packaging? Have you worked collaboratively with suppliers and internal stakeholders, leveraging your expertise within the Supply Chain/Logistics categories to add value? Would you be interested in providing thought leadership to a newly created function of a growing retail organization?
Our client, a Fortune 500 retail company, is looking to hire a Category Manager, Supply Chain & Logistics to take their company to the next level.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Effectively create and implement sourcing strategies for the supply chain, logistics, transportation, fuel, supply chain equipment and packaging categories.
- Support logistics team by evaluating and improving strategic processes to gain efficiency.
- Manage supplier relationships within the network.
- Recommend action plans to solve supplier performance issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and manage third-party supplier relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA is preferred.
- 4+ years of professional experience in sourcing and procurement.
- Background in Logistics/Supply Chain; transportation, warehousing experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of supplier relationship management.
- Strong presentation and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.