Category Manager II – IT
This position will develop and execute spend category strategies using standard and non-standard sourcing methodologies. Additional requirements are:
- Ability to assess supplier capabilities, evaluate proposals, develop and recommend service level agreements, and create and execute contracts.
- Contribute margin benefit realized through relevant P&L cost savings.
- Develop strategies and proposals to consider new categories of spend or projects not previously sourced.
- Locate and introduce new and alternative sources of supply to ensure quality and reliable supply of goods and services at the optimal total cost.
- Establish and further develop relationships with supported business partners to gain transparency on priorities and approach for category sourcing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Sets the overall strategy for assigned spend categories to include business partner engagement, supplier innovations, opportunities for efficiencies in consumption, market dynamics, legal requirements, and supplier analysis.
- Stays current with market trends and supplier capabilities while demonstrating strategic thinking, category knowledge and functional expertise.
- Leads the sourcing process for products and services in assigned categories in order to identify and address opportunities within the business to optimize costs and maximize the quality of service to PetSmart.
- Utilize emphasis on Total Cost of Ownership, category management and strategic sourcing techniques that enable PetSmart to realize its growth, service and profitability targets.
- Communicate and gain alignment with internal business partners on sourcing, negotiating and contracting strategies with external suppliers in order to ensure that the needs of the business are realized.
- Works cross-functionally with Finance to capture realized cost savings.
- Additional responsibilities may include leading a procurement work stream to optimize/implement a current/new process, facilitate best practices, or serve as a member of the e-auction review committee.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (IT), Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or Finance from a four-year college or university
- 5+ years of IT and/or business experience for several products and services; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to lead projects and cross-functionally manage multiple workstreams.
- Strong presentation and influencing skills and experience.
- Strong data extraction and analytics; competency in using Excel, Word, Power Point; working knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP system; understanding of e-Auction process and tools; negotiation skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS