At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
We are constantly evolving and transforming to be the best and we need the right people on our team to ensure we get there. Our Rogers Procurement team supports our diverse and dynamic business and if you take initiative, thrive on driving changing and excel in a fast-paced vibrant environment, then come deliver your best with us.
Reporting to the Category Director for Marketing and Services, this Category Manager position is a key role within the Procurement and Supplier Management department. The successful candidate will be an expert within the spend category and will be quickly be recognized by the Rogers business partners as a valued contributor in helping manage the category strategic direction, total cost of ownership and overall risk. This individual must be an excellent communicator with proven ability to influence at all levels within the organization. You will be responsible for setting and delivering to savings targets with a TCO mindset for the spend category. You will deliver to these goals by working collaboratively with other groups within Procurement and with our business partners across Rogers, including Corporate Real Estate, leveraging competitive sourcing strategies and priming key supplier negotiations.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating comprehensive category strategies addressing on category historic spend, top suppliers, marketplace intelligence, industry trends, issues, gaps, opportunities, innovations, alternative commercial and recognized best practices.
- Works with business partner to bring input and alignment.
- Continually seeking out opportunities to deepen category understanding.
- Managing relationships with key suppliers to deliver increased value to Rogers and to support the Procurement vendor management model.
- Ensuring procurement cost saving challenges are built into the capital and operating budgets and Procurement’s projects and efforts are aligned to meet budget expectations.
- Managing the analysis of spend data to assist with the identification of sourcing and cost take-out opportunities, both short term and long term. Identifying efficiency opportunities.
What you have:
- University degree with a concentration in business, math, finance, economics or related fields
- 5+ years relevant work experience with deep knowledge of category, market trends and impacts to cost structures.
- Experience in procurement is desirable but not required.
- Excellent communications, listening and influencing skills, able to communicate complex information to decision makers and key stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Deep commercial understanding and business acumen. Keen understanding of negotiating strategy and planning.
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Requisition ID: 112228