The CAPEX Category Manager will support the strategic sourcing initiatives and coordinate all activities related to the procurement of Capital Expenditure projects. This role will work with suppliers and internal stakeholders to identify solutions that support operational requirements while reducing Total Cost of Ownership. The CAPEX Category Manager will also play a critical role in identifying sourcing and developing CAPEX category strategies in low cost country (LCC) regions such as Asia, Eastern Europe and Mexico. This person will report to the Strategic Sourcing CAPEX Director.
- Responsible for leading individual purchases within Capital projects. The categories represent a blend of process equipment, non-process equipment, civil construction, and engineering services, typical of industries such as mining, petrochemical or plastic processing.
- Responsible for leading the purchasing strategy within the Capital projects, dividing Capital project into individual purchases, create the best approach, and implement Purchasing Best Practices.
- Deliver tangible cost savings through rounds of negotiation and identify best sources while maintaining compliance with Saint-Gobain best practices and policies and procedures.
- Bring added value to the business in sourcing and integrating new suppliers, integration of new technical solutions, and value engineering from existing suppliers.
- Manage, improve and, lead cost savings for the business. As well as represent purchasing on large projects, act as the main point of contact to the site buyers regarding compliance to SG Capex methodology, and ensure purchasing rules and regulations are being adhered to.
- Ensure that purchasing timelines and requirements are captured during the project planning phase, coordination of the flow of technical information required for project completion and proper collaboration with various departments is adhered to and within company guidelines.
- Measure and maintain supplier performance for price, delivery, and quality via the strategic negotiation of the capital contracts.
- Domestic and International travel, as needed to sites and vendor locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Engineering, Supply Chain, or Finance.
- 6+ years Capex Category Management experience is required. Applicable experience within the construction products, mining/petrochemical, or plastics processing industries is preferred.
- Proven experience in sourcing suppliers and developing CAPEX category strategies in Mexico is required. Experience sourcing and developing strategies in other low cost regions (LSS) such as Asia and/or Eastern Europe is a plus.
- Strong comprehension of legal contracts for Capital Equipment.
- Advanced proficiency in MS OFFICE (EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT).
- Proficiency in SAP is preferred.
- Ability to read AutoCAD manufacturing drawings.
- Ability to travel up to 50% at times, is required.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a strong plus.