Leads sourcing activities for a defined set of indirect spend categories, with the goal of achieving reductions in the total cost of ownership, while maintaining/improving product quality and supplier service levels while lowering risk; manage the strategic relationship and internal communication with suppliers and stakeholders to develop continuous improvement initiatives and implementation plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching / analyzing spend, industry dynamics/trends, and stakeholder requirements of assigned categories -- a strategic formulation
- Support sourcing of assigned categories, including RFPs / RFIs, selection criteria (in-source vs. out-source), and risk assessment -- strategic evaluation
- Implementing results, including the development of short-list and recommendation of supplier(s) selection, negotiation, agreement of contractual terms and conditions, piloting and transition plans – strategic implementation
- Reviewing category through scorecards (cost/performance), periodic reporting of status, stakeholder feedback, supplier business reviews, demand management, improvement initiatives, updates of products and pricing – strategic review
- Planning, adherence to policy, and use of process tools (e-suite – sourcing, contracts, auctions, etc)
- Support 3rd party sourcing partner in execution with Sysco Indirect Sourcing Program
Required Minimum Education/Experience:
- 5+ years of overall professional experience with a degree or 10+ years of the overall experience.
- Functional knowledge of procurement, sourcing and/or category management; Strong Excel skills (e.g., basic financial modeling, pivot tables, able to navigate large data sets)
Certifications And/or Technical Requirements:
Abilities and Skills:
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills (conduct multiple complex analyses simultaneously)
- Good planning/project management/execution skills
- Possess strong negotiating skills
- Possess strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exhibits a passion for reducing costs
- Possess strong leadership, management, and coordination skills
- Ability to plan and carry out assigned projects, resolve conflict, and coordinate work with others
- Ability to deal comfortably with conflict
- Understands team dynamics and work well within a team structure.
- Candidates hired in positions eligible for Sysco Benefits who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescriptions drug plan coverage. Effective on their date of hire*. This special medical and presanction drug plan eligibility period supersedes the standard benefits information on below regarding Sysco’s benefits eligibility period. Standard eligibility rules (below) still apply to all other Sysco Benefits. *exclusions/exceptions may apply.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position will be performed from the Corporate HQ.
- Must be able to travel to Sysco facilities and supplier locations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.