Here at Health-E Commerce, we are a consumer health and wellness advocate and online retailer headquartered in New York, NY. Since 2010, we have launched direct-to-consumer e-commerce brands aimed at simplifying the U.S. tax-free healthcare market and helping everyday Americans and companies benefit better from workplace benefits, wellness and health spending programs.
Our portfolio consists of four brands — FSA Store, HSA Store, WellDeserved Health and Caring Mill
About the Role:
We’re looking for a highly motivated Category Manager to play a significant role in the expansion of our Private Label business, through product development and management. This is an ideal position for a candidate who is looking to expand their career in E-Commerce within a direct to consumer brand. This person must be able to work independently in a fluid and fast-paced environment, and be able to execute and develop strategies with cross functional teams.
- Complete ownership of product categories for the entire product life-cycle from conception to launch.
- Acquire, develop, and maintain strong partnerships with new and existing vendors to negotiate product costs, volume, margin, and future product opportunities.
- Ensure achievement of financial targets (e.g. margin), identifies and executes upon levers to achieve those targets.
- Established expertise within inventory management and product forecasting between vendors and warehouse.
- Manages and fosters collaborative relationships with Marketing, Creative, and Product teams to ensure online presence supports desired customer experience.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of all item set up and manages the site merchandising as key to customer experience.
- Ability to identify category trends and synthesize information that leads to actionable strategies.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of proven experience in a Product Development, Merchandising, Site Merchandising, or Buying related role
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Prior experience in Consumer Products, Healthcare or Wellness industry
- Strong Excel skills required
- Highly organized and self-disciplined with a strong ability to prioritize tasks and resources
- Detail oriented, efficient, self-starter, highly productive and collaborative approach to work
- Experience managing and creating new categories of business
- Experience working with cross-functional and external partners such as merchandising, production, marketing, and manufacturers