Olam International is a leading agri-business operating across the value chain in 70 countries, supplying various products across 16 platforms to over 23,000 customers worldwide. From a direct sourcing and processing presence in most major producing countries, Olam has built a global leadership position in rice, sugar, cocoa, edible nuts, spices & vegetable ingredients. In 2016 Fortune recognized Olam at #23 in its ‘Change the World’ list.
We’re making food better. Come join us.
OLAM SVI is seeking an experienced Sourcing & Category Manager to join our Procurement Team to develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies, tools and processes aimed at improving cost, delivery, quality, performance and profitability for the division.
Under the direction of the Director of Procurement, the Category Manager will have oversight for an assigned category within OLAM SVI, and will be responsible for developing and executing long term robust strategic procurement plans that ensure that the products or services provided to the business by the selected supply partners deliver the best value outcome for the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities might include:
- Work with all levels of the business to evaluate requirements for goods and services for the category/s managed
- Execute sourcing and negotiation strategies for critical strategic categories.
- Supplier selection, evaluation, and supply base rationalization.
- Reduce suppliers across scope and drive low volume spend into high value agreements.
- Analyze spend patterns through the supply chain and identify opportunities to reduce costs.
- Lead ongoing category management activities within assigned scope to achieve business objectives.
- Supply finance and plant senior management with budgets for procured items—PKG, Ingredients, Services and Supplies.
- Strategically source category/s including; RFx, evaluation criteria, supplier evaluations, supplier diversity evaluations, etc.
- Manage the supplier selection and engagement process including; management of internal stakeholders and suppliers throughout the strategic sourcing process
- Negotiate contracts including; strategy preparation, execution and measurement of contractual adherence over contract lifecycle
- Award bids including; recommendation and business cases
- Develop supplier performance measurements
- S2P including; supplier enablement, negotiation and conversion
- Develop a culture of innovation and ongoing cost improvements with all suppliers
- Maintain excellent working relationships with key suppliers and internal customers
- Create and deliver effective presentations
- Responsibility for taking action to support delivery of outcomes and monitoring KPIs internally and externally
- BA/BS Degree. Degree in Supply Chain Management or Materials Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ of strategic procurement and Direct Materials category management experience
- Proven track record of delivering significant savings and efficiencies across a diverse range of procurement projects
- Broad and demonstrable knowledge to design and implement appropriate procurement processes, procedures and performance measures
- Excellent understanding of markets and how they operate
- Collaborative and persuasive; able to influence at all levels
- Effective contract management and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- SAPexperience desirable.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam Americas, Inc. provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.