At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Develops strategies, policies and processes for the purchases of hardware and telecommunications products/services. .
- Identifies cost improvement opportunities and materializes related savings
- Develops category plans for key functional areas
- Collaborates with senior management within Network Engineering and Infrastructure teams to deliver vendor sourcing strategies
- Partners closely with regional business partners and procurement staff to drive global strategies
- You will drive managerial oversight on complex contractual agreements; works with legal to negotiate key terms, expiration dates, amendments, etc.
- You will handle contract escalations and manage concerns brought about by junior staff
- Partial responsibility for indirect procurement
- You become a point of contact with senior vendor representatives and develops relationships with supplier representatives to ensure supplier commitment to key programs/projects
- Ensures compliance with corporate and departmental financial controls and SOX reporting requirements
- Identifies and executes improvements in policies and processes
- Thorough knowledge of procurement, sourcing and supplier management
- You will have experience with the use of enabling systems to track progress, identify gaps and develop plans to address
- You will have extensive experience with categories such as Telecom, Servers, Storage, Routers and Switches
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are important in this position
- You will have the ability to work and communicate with departments throughout the organization, with minimal supervision
- Customer focused, able to collaborate and influence others to drive actions to meet business needs while maintaining a positive, professional outlook
- Experience across other indirect spend categories, including corporate and professional services (preferred)
- Demonstrate integrity and reliability
- You should have a deep understanding of industry financial / category trends
- Aptitude to understand supplier key cost drivers, interpret basic financial and balance sheet reporting and provide recommendations
- Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines and rapidly changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with requisite interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships and partnerships with business partners, suppliers and regional teams
- You will need to be able to facilitate meetings effectively ensuring that communication styles are appropriate given the differing needs of culturally diverse, global teams
- Strong negotiator; ability to negotiate the best deal and influence upward
- International sourcing and supplier management experience; preferably in area of responsibility
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 10+ years of related work experience and exposure
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters Preferred)
- Ability to travel frequently to Equinix headquarters and other company facilities
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.