Davalyn Corporation has been retained to fill a Category Manager’s position in the Motorcycle Products industry.
- Oversee aftermarket + replacement category goals, plan, budget, forecast, and the P & L for the Motorcycle vertical
- Create/Manage merchandising and business development strategy optimization for high growth and maximum penetration
- Negotiate/Execute with suppliers to improve margin and profitability through retail pricing, annual growth programs, marketing, promotions, and co-op funding
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on optimization of social media advertising, and marketing campaigns
- Drive your own P &L for his/her respective vendors and create business opportunities to gain market share, margin, and conversion
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 8 years of experience in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis, and/or marketing
- Ability to work in a collaborative, global team environment that fosters advanced and effective approaches to sourcing strategies
- Highly proficient in strategic sourcing initiatives including developing and presenting strategic sourcing strategies, aligning stakeholders, conducting analysis, presenting results, negotiating, contracting, and implementing results
- Strong business acumen, understanding of our business, the client’s business, with a heightened sense of good judgment. Must have managed a P&L
- Outstanding project management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment in order to prioritize projects and multi-task to meet deadlines and changing business needs and deadlines
- Action-orientated and consultative approach to be able to follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to be able to communicate effectively with leadership, client, and supplier stakeholders
Our client offers a base salary of $150,000 to $180,000 plus a performance bonus of 25%-30%.