Job Profile Summary
Manages a broad category of vendors for the Motivation business, including the following spend categories: freight, warehouse supplies, product, IT/technical solutions, experiential events & client pricing opportunities, card product & client pricing opportunities, sales support & sales related, OUS, direct & indirect mail & print, subscriptions. Develops and leads procurement strategies, supplier selection, qualification and performance, ongoing vendor base management process. Aligns buying strategy with marketing and financial goals for MMS.
Responsible for vendor selection and negotiations among 50-60 suppliers for annual sales volume from $100+ million. Delivers assigned financial objectives based on categories. Buying decisions have a direct impact on MMS revenue and GP.
No direct reports.
No budgetary responsibility.
Reporting and Working Relationships
Reports to Sr. Director, Procurement.
Working relationships include Procurement team, Engagement Marketing team, Rewards team, Finance, Solution Management group, Warehouse Operations, and Customer Operations.
• 30% - Develops strategy and execution of vendor selection process to drive profitability and maximize GP. Negotiates with vendor for overall vendor financial agreement and funding. Leverages enhanced analytics to improve negotiations and funding. Develops and manages negotiation calendar & discussions.
• 25% - Maximizes vendor profitability. Leads and conducts quarterly and annual business reviews in relation to the Vendor Scorecard. Sets expectations with vendors regarding service levels, relevant information and response time, and financial impact. Provides and utilizes enhanced analytics to support vendor’s brand and establishes road map for future negotiations.
• 25% - Develops RFQ/RFI/RFPs for merchandise (including but not limited to fashion, electronics, sporting goods, housewares, etc) opportunities for strategic vendors. Develops contractual terms advantageous to the business and its clients primarily for merchandise dependent programs including SOWs, SLAs, payment terms and shipping & delivery methods. Collaborates with Legal and key stakeholders to minimize risk and maximize profitability. Responsible for reviewing contract and renegotiating renewals at time of agreement termination.
• 20% - Collaborates with purchasing team to maximize efficiencies on the P2P process. Supports product and service needs to reach goals of the overall business unit. Works with multiple internal stakeholders to obtain the highest level of financial, operational, and client satisfaction levels by maximizing efficiencies. Provides analysis and input to support department’s goals. Reviews analysis and develops action plans in relation to competitive intelligence, industry and market trends, profit, vendor funding, redemption, and growth opportunities. Develops and implements strategies that deliver lowest cost, ensure continuity of material supply and services, and builds and maintains relationships with assigned suppliers.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. 4 - 7 years of negotiations or Procurement experience.
3. Proven negotiating skills and ability to develop and execute procurement strategies and complicated RFI/RFPs.
4. Proven ability to achieve cost savings and process efficiencies.
5. Proven presentation and excellent communication skills, along with planning and organization skills.
6. Execution-focused, proven ability to set and meet aggressive goals/timelines.
7. Proven ability to work well with other in a collaborative, team environment.
8. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.