As a Category Manager, you will be responsible for setting the strategy and vision for your category vertical and for developing product concepts that can implemented across multiple categories. You will be empowered to make decisions related to brand positioning, product direction, marketing goals, order forecasts, and pricing. Think of yourself as a general manager of one of the most important businesses within the larger Loot Crate organization who is focused on constantly delivering an outstanding customer experience while maintaining a profitable P/L. To thrive in this position, you must be comfortable with making decisions based on limited information and inspire your team through effective delegation tactics and strong accountability metrics. You must be confident in the direction you’re leading the product and seek to foster relationships with outside partners that are beneficial to growth.
- Sets overall positioning for product line including pricing, partnerships, and understanding of target consumer.
- Defines roadmap for the category and supporting cross-functional team and drives accountability through process, metrics, and deliverables.
- Identify key IP opportunities within the entertainment industry, both new releases and evergreen titles.
- Champions the vision of the product line and gains both internal and external support for the initiatives required to sustainably grow the business.
- Manages a product through a cross-functional team of Marketing Managers, Project Managers, and Product Designers.
- Profitable P/L based on COGS, and margin targets defined by leadership.
- Subscription level and customer level growth on a monthly and yearly basis.
- Expansion into new markets and creation of strategic partnerships that drive customer value and growth.
- Product quality and overall customer experience measured by PVI and customer churn.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Economics or previous experience running a successful line of business within an e-commerce or subscription commerce company. MBA Preferred but not required.
- Ability to listen, learn and adapt quickly to both internal and external forces and make pragmatic decisions under pressure with tight timelines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with an unwavering determination to be successful and an optimistic forward thinking mentality.
- 3 or more years of experience with the entertainment industry in a consumer products or decision-making role.