Konecranes is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill our Category Manager role. In this role you will be working closely with logistics service providers to maintain long term relationships. You will also be in charge of negotiating carrier agreements and rates, as well as seeking out cost savings for our company. If you are someone who stays knowledgeable about freight and customs issues, and would like to collaborate with Konecranes Global Logistics to help us secure global contracts apply today!
- Continuously develop logistics service providers to secure long term relationship and development targets
- Manage different types of logistic providers (parcel, ocean, air, LTL vans, flat beds, over dimensional)
- Negotiate carrier agreements and rates
- Create policies and procedures for logistics activities
- Coordinate and implement Global tariffs negotiated for originations in Asia and Europe routed to the Americas
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistic systems, imports or exports, customer/supplier issues and customs
- Stay knowledgeable about freight and custom issues
- Seeking and supporting cost savings activities/opportunity for logistics/freight services
- Responsible for performance measurement, KPI’s, improve and secure the performance level, and fulfilling the minimum demands
- Establish and secure the fulfillment of the local logistic agreements/contracts
- Collaborate with Konecranes Global Logistics networks to secure the fulfillment of global agreements/contracts
- Category team leadership of own region and of separately specified sub-categories in a matrix organization (global and/or regional)
- Act as a supplier manager and be accountable for the relationship of selected suppliers
- Assist with damaged shipments as needed
- Update Logistic Service Providers(LSP) tables in SAP for the Region
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years of logistics and supply chain experience, and 2 years of leadership experience. Demonstrated success in sourcing suppliers, negotiating contracts, strategy development and implementation, and project management. Strong communication skills, including influencing and “solution selling”. Computer literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SAP or other related ERP systems.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Fluent in English (written and spoken).
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree in Science, Economics, Logistics or related
Field required. Additional equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of formal degree