Req # : 243333BR Job Summary
Responsible for leading and managing all procurement (buying, negotiating, and fulfillment) activities for the Sprint Network and IT categories. Leverages all market and industry indicators to acquire products or services from external agencies in a cost-effective manner in line with Sprint’s stated strategy and defined service levels. Carry out duties in accordance with the stipulated business policies and procedures. This position directly contributes to Sprint’s financial health earning success by establishing the price and terms Sprint pays for products and services from the supplier community. Highest level of technical knowledge for procurement. Acts as the lead negotiator for all strategic supplier accounts and provides council to other positons for negotiation strategy, analytics, and problem solving.
• Works at the highest levels to establish Procurement Strategies for the category.
• Meets regularly with “C” levels within Sprint but also supplier CEO and CFO to establish terms, price and procurement models. Anticipates changes, needs and market conditions and works with supplier to achieve results.
• Leads build vs buy/lease analysis and develops business cases.
• Manages relationships with external contractors/vendors/suppliers supporting Maintenance & Support Services through the procurement process; selection of appropriate vendor, overseeing service delivery and performance evaluation of services delivered.
• Ensures an updated database of suppliers and maintains cataloguing of recommended suppliers.
• Investigates supply and financial risks of suppliers and takes appropriate actions.
• Bachelor's degree and eight years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
•Relevant Supply Chain Management certifications
• Lean Six Sigma
At Sprint, we’re more than just talk. We’ve changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.