This position can potentially work remotely with up to 50% travel to a Thales East Coast Location
- Define, in close collaboration with the GBUs / BLs and GCMs, the procurement strategy for General Expenses and ensure their strategy is enforced and meets entities' / countries' requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for selecting suppliers and managing supplier relationships in order to guarantee that the level of performance (such as Quality, Price and Timing) meet the requirements of the businesses and the best interests of the GBUs.
- Be in charge to ensure the most up-to-date knowledge of its supplier market, including innovations and key new technologies emerging
- Cover the entire region and as such requires an excellent view of the organization as well as a strong ability to interact with many stakeholders while maintaining a clear regional strategy.
- Define procurement policies within that category in conjunction with stakeholders as appropriate, put in place and manage Framework Agreements for regional suppliers where appropriate and/or desirable.
- Working closely with other functions as necessary, manage all purchasing aspects of delegated Bid and Project work packages, to ensure packages are executed in accordance with technical, program, cost and performance (quality and delivery) requirements within their respective area of commodity responsibility.
- Manage risks and opportunities associated with each of their respective suppliers and across the region.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of Procurement/Purchasing experience
- 5 years of strategic sourcing and category/commodity management experience, and leading P3 sourcing projects greater than $300k spend and High Risk
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Masters degree
- Professional Procurement Certification
- 8 years of strategic sourcing and category/commodity management experience, and leading P3 sourcing projects greater than $300k spend and High Risk
- Solid experience on complex contract negotiations.