The Category Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining our brand andcustomer experience by creating innovative and relevant assortments both within current and future departments. We are looking for an individual that is an opportunistic and product-focused Merchant capable of partnering with cross-functional partners (ie. Supply Chain, Planning, Business Development and Digital Merchandising) to build strong assortments that surpass financial objectives. A strong sense of the industry and competitive landscape will be crucial for identifying where we should focus from a product perspective. It will be imperative that this person demonstrate the problem-solving and analytical skills necessary to thrive in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Establish a deep understanding of goPuff’s business, internal processes, and overall assortment (specific categories of focus will be identified after joining)
- Manage business to revenue and margin budgets that can be presented in OTB and cross-departmental meetings
- Monitor performance across multiple classes and locations and use / analyze data to establish go-forward strategies
- Develop relationships with local vendors across goPuff geographies for assortment opportunities
- Curate assortments for seasonal periods like Valentine’s Day, Halloween, and winter holidays
- Uncover opportunities for private label within all Departments
- Utilize both internal and external data effectively to make smart and educated decisions to drive incremental sales
- Act as main point of contact for supplier partners and new business prospects
- Build and maintain assortment strategies contingent with unique territory requirements in mind as it pertains to volume, size, distribution, and local trends
- Act as point of authority internally within the product spectrum and business of responsibility
- Partner with Supply Chain and Planning departments to maximize revenue and financial targets within the respective product classifications
- Conduct comp shop and pricing analysis both nationally and locally to ensure key product lines are represented effectively in all markets and margin targets are met
- Attend relevant trade shows to ensure new product and innovation is represented
- Stay updated on category trends and competitive market
- Bachelor’s degree required (Merchandising, Business, or Economics is a plus)
- 7+ Years of experience in Merchandising
- Must have a significant knowledge of Merchandising, Financial Planning and overall Supply Chain
- Capable of taking initiative, ownership and accountability for the business
- Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Management, training and development experience is required
- Affinity for using research, syndicated data, and consumer specific insights to inform creative and productive decision-making as it pertains to assortment and category management
- Must possess a demonstrable ability to navigate a wide spectrum of product lines specific to our customer
- Must have strong computer skills – proficiency with excel is required
- Experience in convenience or CPG is a plus
- Must be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Must have effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Awareness of our current brand and product mix and initial insight to opportunities
The only predictable thing about life is that it’s wildly unpredictable. That’s where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to goPuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
We’re assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers...the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)
Like what you’re hearing? Welcome to goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.