At Coffee & Bagel Brands, our team has a common set of values that we call our Purpose & Heart. These are the behaviors that guide how we work, how we treat each other and how we treat our guests. Our goal is to create Bright Spots for each other and our guests every day. A Bright Spot is all about making someone’s day and putting a smile on their face!
Coffee & Bagels Brands is Caribou Coffee, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Noah’s New York Bagels, Bruegger’s Bagels and Manhattan Bagel. We are your friendly neighborhood gathering place for good conversation and great food.
Position Mission: Participate in strategy development, cross-functional timeline management and execution of the food category for the retail business. Manage day-to-day key performance indicators for the food category (initial forecasting for new and LTO products, best-in-class merchandising, inventory management of new and LTO products, SKU optimization/rationalization). Assist in driving food category revenues/profits by increasing attachment and ticket by providing best in class, forward thinking.
· Develop a comprehensive retail food plan that delivers against company key objectives and goals.
· Create & execute strategy for ready-to-drink & ready-to-eat snacks categories
· Drive best-in-class food merchandising
· Create forecasting for new and LTO food products.
· Ongoing SKU optimization/rationalization for category.
· Partner with Sourcing to request product (platform, single product, etc.) or marketing (program, promotion, etc.) and provide feedback of solution at concept development stage.
· Provide leadership and subject matter expert (SME) knowledge of category, creation of and management of audible solutions required based on previous year results (beat year ago – WIN mentality).
· Provide leadership and SME knowledge of category and inputs into i2i & other cross-functional meeting needs.
· Collaborate with Director of Product Innovation and the brand/loyalty team on promotions to drive the business.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Project management and planning
· Category performance management
· Strategic thinking
· Analytical thinking
· Cross functional leadership and collaboration (builds trust with team/delegates and holds accountable for results)
· Excellent attention to detail
· Customer oriented
· Ability to prioritize and make decisions
· Line of business acumen and stewardship
· Clear written and verbal communications
· Good time management skills
· Ability to maintain confidential information
· Adhere to company policies, programs, and work rules
· Perform work in a timely and professional manner
· Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
· Able to take direction and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently
· Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment
4 yeardegree in Marketing, Business Management or related field. Minimum 5 years experience with product lifecycle management in a consumer packaged goods, retail or restaurant environment. Must have solid experienceworking with cross functional teams in bringing new and revised products to market including experience with marketing, operations, training, finance and purchasing. Process training (i.e. Six Sigma, LEAN) certification or training a plus.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.