The Category Manager will work cross-functionally within Dr Pepper Snapple Group and externally with Target to leverage syndicated, POS data, insights and research in order to optimize pricing, promotion, shelving, and assortment with the goal of maximizing sales and satisfying Target’s guest. The Category Manager will draw on the latest industry trends, leverage shopper insights, and use best-in-class technology in order to contribute to volume, profit and share growth. Candidates must be able to employ our Category Management tools in appropriate situations to optimize distribution, space, and promotional frequency (Apollo/JDA Prospace/Space Planning, Nielsen, RSI, IRI, Household Panel, POS, Feature Vision and RichMix). Candidates must also have a high level of comfort communicating and translating key information while working in a fast pace environment. This person will report to the Director of Category Management in Plano, Texas. Location and Travel: This role is located in Minneapolis, with up to 25% travel for market tours with Target buyers, bottler meetings and DPSG HQ meetings. Relocation Assistance: Offered. Job Responsibilities:
- Utilize insights to deliver retailer-centric strategy for growth on the CSD Category at Target
- Communicate, proactively plan, review and act upon business opportunities and recommendations
- Be the Category Expert and drive insight into action by influencing internal and external stakeholders through fact-based information
- Analytical interpretation of data and translation into visually impactful presentations. Utilize best in class tools such as Retail Link, Nielsen, IRI, RSI, Panel Data, JDA, Richmix and other industry tools.
- Leverage data and shopper insights in order to drive value for the participated categories.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the Target internal Category Management teams through frequent contact, delivering actionable objective insights and sharing of best practices
- Provide Planogram feedback and be a value added partner bringing Target first assortment and flow recommendations
- Employ DPS Category Management tools and business processes in the appropriate situations to optimize category distribution, space and assortment with technology tools.
- Manage multiple competing priorities under demanding time constraints with a focus on driving results
- Building Partnerships- Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust- Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Decision making- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Formal Presentation- Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience
- High Impact Communication- Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
- Panning and Organization- Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness- Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Continuous Learning- Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Innovation- Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Work Standards- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 5 years’ experience in Category Management/Sales/Finance and/or Marketing analyzing data such as assortment selections, sales trends and market trends
- 2 years’ experience using IRI, Nielsen Scantrack, or other syndicated data to provide value added insights to retailer and sales personnel
- 5 years’ experience using MS Office products such as PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot table creation, vlookup, filters)