CVS Health has another exciting opportunity for an innovative Director, Category Manager to join a Fortune 7 Healthcare Company. Category Managers work out of CVS Heath's Merchandising department in Woonsocket, RI and will lead assigned merchandise categories and the respective P&L. As a Category Manager Director you will have a full scope of responsibility for attaining budgeted sales, gross margin, and building market share within their category.
Overall, you will be responsible for achieving the Merchandising objectives as they relate to the CVS Strategic plan.
In this role, you will also:
- Lead a team to deliver sales and margin goals in assigned categories by attaining market share to include but not limited to: growth, sales, contribution margin, inventory turns and Gross Margin Return on inventory
- Manage all profit and loss information for the Beverage/Soda category.
- Handle Vendor management to include: collaborating, interviewing, and negotiating extensively with manufacturers and vendors to ensure product placement and product strategy that drive sales and profitability.
- Develop and implement category plans (i.e., plan optimal SKU mix, Extracare loyalty program, weekly, seasonal, annual promotional programs) for merchandising programs from 1 to 3 years that reflect deep personal knowledge of our businesses, customers and clients.
- Continually sustain a deep understanding of current competition as well as search out new competitive opportunities.
- Initiate and execute strategic promotional strategies and marketing plans by collaborating internally with a team of CVS professionals (e.g., Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Brands, Store Design and Store Operations).
This role will allow the opportunity to oversee other colleague’s including Category Managers, Assistant Category Managers and Merchandising Analyst
A Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of experience developing and executing plans, review data, consumer insights and identify business opportunities to deliver expected financial and share results.
5+ years of experience collaborating with cross functional team members, internally and with suppliers.
5 + years of experience developing cohesive category strategies to deliver on both short-term and long term goals and adapts change based on consumer/market dynamics.
Ability to travel at least 10%
Master’s in Business Administration
Corporate retail merchandise buying experience
Experience managing a retail Profit and Loss (P&L)