There is no better time to join Eaton than in this exciting era of power management. We're reimagining innovation by adapting digital technologies - connected devices, data models and insights - to transform power management for safer and more sustainable and efficient power use.
Our teams are collaborating to build the best digital solutions for our customers. We are looking for digital talent who want to help set the direction for this digital transformation and create new ways of working and thinking, for ourselves and our customers. Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Category Manager to join our team for our Directed Buy Carbon & Electrical Steel categories!This position can be based in our Beachwood OH, Raleigh NC, Moon Township PA, or Southfield MI locations. Position Overview:
Our supply chain management team creates bottom-line impact by driving cost management and operational benefits. Within our supply chain team, the Category Manager for Directed Buy Carbon & Electrical Steel categories within the Americas region ensures an uninterrupted and timely supply at the optimum cost and quality that satisfies stakeholder requirements and company goals. This role is responsible for supplier sourcing, negotiations, contracting, supplier performance management and deploying global initiatives on occasion.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours. In this role you will:
- Negotiate and manage supplier purchasing contracts in the Americas region in accordance with Global Practices.
- Work closely with Americas Regional Carbon and Electrical Steel Category managers to implement directed-buy strategies.
- Ensure that key metrics for the procurement function (Cost Out, DPO, Diversity Spend, etc.) are achieved.
- Develop and execute a Sourcing Strategy for the Americas Region in alignment with the Eaton Enterprise Strategy.
- Maintain high level relationships with suppliers/distributors/service centers, etc. and key stakeholders within Eaton.
- Review both economic and market trends and advises the businesses on best sourcing strategies for assigned categories
- Ensure that high level of quality and delivery performance is maintained by suppliers and associated partners at all times.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger. QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years' professional experience in Supply Chain or Operations.
- Strong supplier sourcing and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strategic partnerships with suppliers and key stakeholders
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of the Beachwood, OH, Moon Township, PA, Raleigh, NC or Southfield, MI facilities will be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration, or a MBA or Master's Degree in Supply Chain from an accredited institution
- 3 to 5 years' professional experience in Procurement or Category Management.
- Professional Supply Chain related certification (e.g. CPM, CPIM)
- Possess deep knowledge of the directed buy carbon and electrical steel categories.
- Strong data analytical skills
- Excellent SCM sourcing and supplier management process and deployment knowledge
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to influence a large and diverse group of stakeholders including Senior Management, Operations, Finance and Supply Chain Management personnel.
- Strong negotiation skills, knowledge, and experience
- Expertise in negotiating/interpreting legal terms and conditions
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple tasks globally
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities required
- Establishes high performance standards and holds self and others to them. Provides timely, complete and actionable feedback, whether positive or corrective.
- Managerial courage and willingness to challenge the 'status quo' as appropriate.
- Presentation skills essential both oral and written.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.Job: Supply Chain / LogisticsRegion: North America - US/Puerto RicoOrganization: Corporate SectorJob Level: Individual ContributorSchedule: Full-timeIs remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: NoDoes this position offer relocation?: NoTravel: Yes, 25 % of the Time