$120K — $140K + $12K—$14K bonus
An international manufacturer is looking for a Category Manager - Chemicals professional who has 5+ years of relevant experience in strategic procurement, special preference will be made for candidates with prior experience in category management of chemicals. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and analytical with experience design and implementation of concepts for cost and process optimization. Prior experience working with R&D development project teams would be very valuable.
We are recruiting for someone with professional experience in:
- Strategic purchasing
- Business analysis, analysis of supplier and material group landscape
- Qualification of existing suppliers, selection process and integration of new suppliers
- Manufacturing technology mechanical products
- economic base knowledge (i.e. P&L, Working Capital, KPI)
- Understanding of lean production processes
- Instruments for communication and decision making (i.e. SWOT, RASIC-Chart)
- Implementation of global procurement contracts
The main tasks will include:
· Optimize current spend using levers like bundling of demands, best cost country sourcing, adjustment of technical specifications, value analysis, cost engineering, new technologies, optimization of processes and supply chain cost, value stream mapping
· Optimization of working capital through strategic procurement levers and supply contracts
· Join cross-functional teams in a very early stage for new product development, ensuring the integration of suppliers in fundamental concepts, actively manage the setup of strategic cooperation’s, capture engineering requirements and communicate to the supply base
· Master day-to-day challenges to prevent price increases, overcome major delivery shortages and quality issues
· Develop and execute innovative regional & global procurement & category strategies for chemical raw materials, hygiene supplements, drums and canisters.
· Build a supply base that meets the manufacturing footprint, business growth, price, quality, capacity and performance needs.
· Have autonomous ownership of multi-million procurement categories, including all key steps such as strategy development, supplier negotiation, business case presentations and supplier frame contract execution but not execution of individual purchase orders.
· Effective supplier competence and relationship management, being responsible for the success or failure of the supplier’s performance.
· Liaise with Internal Stakeholders to identify key business needs, influencing them to understand the benefits of Procurement and meeting their needs effectively.
· Formulate, agree and maintain commercial terms and conditions, service level and supply agreements
· Assisting the management of 3rd party “micro blenders” through focus and analysis on cost / quality / delivery service levels
Valid through: 9/10/2020
$100K — $150K
3 days ago