Under broad direction, responsible for managing all of or a subset of commodities within a category consisting of several commodity groups, prioritizing initiatives, managing the implementation of the category strategy and supplier agreements, determining category and sub-category strategies, managing suppliers and their contracts, and measuring cost and benefits.
- Responsible for market intelligence and category analysis by assessing external market conditions, identifying risk, and developing effective cost reduction models.
- Must possess excellent project management, change management, collaboration, communication, contract/negotiations, and risk management skills in order to successfully coordinate supplier relationships and major commercial decisions across a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Leads the business through decision making and champions opportunities to make necessary improvements.
- Undergraduatedegree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field.
- 5 years of experience in supply chain, field operations and/or project management.
- Experience in cement and cementing chemicals categories.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Strong communication skills with experience interfacing with various internal stakeholders.
- Expert negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong understanding of sourcing process.
- Experience in contract generation.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Category Manager through Senior Category Manager.