Thanks to your strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills, you ensure stakeholder alignment and support to deliver value through the implementation of Category Strategies and initiatives. You further establish effective working relationships with local and regional procurement to ensure alignment and the full realization of the benefits of the Category Strategy.
- Accountable for the creation and application of a Business-aligned long-term Biomarker Category Strategy and the development of an annual pipeline of strategic category initiatives.
- Executing Category initiatives and ensure responsibility for the delivery and reporting of savings targets.
- Providing strategic input to the development of the Biomarker Category Buying Guide to translate the Category Strategy and Annual Plan into clear, practical guidance for key Procurement and functional colleagues.
- Understanding business priorities and challenges and ensuring successful realization of the Category Strategy by building strong partnerships across geographically dispersed stakeholders and engaging with local and regional Procurement.
- Ensuring a robust approach to supplier management, establishing value creation targets and reporting of supplier performance, developing innovation programs, managing supplier risks and conducting regular business reviews.
- University degree, with business or life sciences degree preferable.
- 7+ years in-depth strategic and/or operational procurement experience with extensive knowledge of category management and advanced strategic sourcing, with subject matter expertise in Biomarker and Lab sciences categories.
- Excellent communication and project management skills with an ability to lead and coordinate cross-functional teams and deliver complex strategic initiatives, in a truly global, fluid, interactive environment.
- Proven financial and business acumen and capability in negotiation, change management and stakeholder management.
- Business level fluency in English.