- Develops business plan and conduct sales planning with management teams which details plans to achieve agreed upon growth objectives.
- Utilizes a solution-selling approach and makes recommendations to prospects and customer-base oriented around creating value for the customer with lighting and controls solutions.
- Joint sales calls and customer-facing activity with Branch OSRs.
- Creates a sales pipe-line of opportunities utilizing sales tools. Establishes and maintains current client and potential client relationships.
- Lead generation and follow-up support to each branch opportunity in given territory.
- Supports branch in preparing presentations and proposals leading to sales goal achievement.
- Provides technical information, conducts financial grade audits when required, and utilizes turnkey partners when opportunity requires.
- Prepares a variety of status reports, including proposal/quote activity, closings, salesbook pipeline/opportunity review, and sales and margin performance.
- Proactively establishes and maintains effective working team relationships within District.
- Establishes relationships with all key branch personnel in assigned Districts.
- Knows and utilizes strategic partners’ lighting agents to facilitate closing opportunities within the District.
- Utilizes Central Lighting Team resources to drive sales and margin goal attainment.
- 4 years sales experience in lighting industry
- Bachelors’ Degree in engineering or related required
- · Familiarity with aforementioned product groups.
- · Strong computer skills in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- · Willingness to travel
- · Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both spoken and written
- · Customer service oriented
- · Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- · Ability to develop and deliver sales presentations