LogicSource is an innovative leader in sourcing and procurement services, we help companies increase profits through better buying. LogicSource® is owned and operated by an experienced group of global business veterans who came together under the common goal to radically change the way sourcing and procurement works. We’ve reinvented sourcing and procurement with an execution-based, fully transparent business model that ensures clients don’t spend a dime until they see results.
Our people gain exposure to projects and clients spanning a broad set of categories across multiple industries. Opportunities for getting involved, whether working across functions or learning a new category abound.
Our business model reflects our culture – radically different and rife with opportunity to make a difference. Our professionals enjoy the intellectual stimulation, challenge and satisfaction that only a sophisticated organization, coupled with relevant and meaningful business challenges to solve, can afford.
We have an immediate opening for a full time Category Director, Marketing at our client, a specialty retailer located in the greater Cleveland area. As a key member of our Client Relationship Management team, you will be responsible for leading and managing Marketing Agency and Print categories. This role will engage with all relevant client stakeholders and sponsor and reports directly to the Managing Director (Chief Procurement Officer), Indirect Sourcing & Procurement Client Leader.
- Develop cost savings and strategic sourcing projects while ensuring business continuity and high level of supplier performance
- Manage spend, supplier, and market data from client and LogicSource resources to effectively analyze both savings opportunity and value chain impacts
- Lead all levels of supplier market RFI / RFP activities, including execution, readouts and business case implications. Meet with potential participants, both incumbents and non-incumbents, answer RFP related questions from vendors, analyze RFP results and support final vendor(s) awards
- Drive annual productivity improvements in each category of spend by developing and ensuring implementation of ideas to optimize total cost of ownership (TCO) for spend categories
- Leverage LogicSource’s Shared Services Center (SSC) category experts through the sourcing process to assess market conditions, spend leverage opportunities, benchmarking data, RFP builds and related activities
- Bring sourcing efficiency to all activity; define specific roadmaps containing prioritization of sourcing categories as well as expanding e-procurement catalogs
- Lead research and analytics efforts to both validate savings projections and enable more precise supplier negotiations
- Review contracts for key areas of spend and act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) resource for planning and leading complex negotiations and value modeling. Create procurement playbook as it relates to cyclical spending.
- Consistently monitor and evaluate savings against targets by category, sub-category, and supplier
- Develop and communicate sourcing strategies to a diverse group of managers and senior level professionals at client. Create alignment with group and articulate broader procurement transformation.
- Support necessary negotiation. Apply both experience and the application of LogicSource’s sourcing methodology, ensuring all buying complies with client policies and procedures
- Source suppliers and build a best-in-class supply chain; cultivate and manage relationships with best-in-class suppliers. Fully utilize all strategic levers within sourcing process and find new paths to value
- Build supplier management and continuous improvement methodologies with key suppliers
- Establish and implement a supplier management structure and process; audit and vet vendors
- Work cross functionally to deliver sourcing and procurement cost savings, risk mitigation projects, and supplier enabled innovation
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Marketing procurement, vendor management, and strategic sourcing with deep expertise in facilities, including:
- Agency/Creative Services
- Media buying
- Printed collateral and Signage
- Marketing procurement categories including, but not limited to:
- Marketing Technology
- Analytics & strategy
- At least (5) years at Director level with preference to candidates from retail or consumer-facing industries
- Experience managing category spend over $100MM annually
- Building category strategies
- Contract negotiation and contract management
- Comfort and rigorous process in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) modeling
- Must possess strong overall knowledge and understanding of business/contract issues and broad understanding of competitive products/services, technology, and market and industry issues
- Knowledge of supplier ecosystems and markets that serve the above categories.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Individual needs to be very detail oriented and able to deliver projects on time.
- High-levels of supply chain and operational acumen, with demonstrated end-to-end understanding
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Excel / financial analysis and PowerPoint / presentations
- Proven expertise implementing and managing change across all levels of an organization; prior implementation and adoption of eProcurement systems is a plus
- Strong problem solving and leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial aptitude with a commitment to client service
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships, communicate effectively and influence
- Flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.