- Autonomously establishes negotiation strategies that leverage CAE's global spend, including all of CAE's products.
- Independently negotiates agreements with strategic suppliers or service agreements having a mid/long-term impact on CAE operations for the procurement of corporate services.
- Independently reviews legal documents to ensure appropriate commercial terms and protection of CAE's interests with suppliers.
- Leads contract language and fallback position creation (Ts & Cs).
- Negotiates prices, terms and conditions, cancellation fees and penalty clauses of agreements with vendors.
- Understands all aspects of negotiation (legal, engineering, project management, etc.) and their impact on CAE.
- Assesses vendor's business practices, long-term stability, technical capabilities and ability to meet CAE's standards.
- Leads meetings with internal customers to discuss methods of reducing product costs.
- Prepares and analyzes RFI and RFQ's if required.
- Establishes and maintains good relationships with internal customers and vendors.
- Uses vendor performance metrics as a feedback mechanism to manage vendor performance against established CAE criteria.
- University Degree in Administration and 8 - 10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. Professional designation of CPM is desirable.
- Excellent negotiation skills and contract management skills.
- Ability to independently establish commercial strategies and conclude agreements.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement strategies and introduction of new products
- In-depth knowledge of Supply Chain.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
Valid Through: 2019-9-16