As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 19 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales; KCP (operating as KIK Custom Products) is one of North America's largest custom manufacturers of both National Brand and Retailer Brand consumer products. KCP's product lines include Laundry, Household Cleaners, OTC Medicated, Pharmaceutical and Health & Beauty Care, all supported by KCP's in-house technical expertise and value-added services.
KIK Consumer Brands – Automotive Division
Our Automotive business is comprised of the Prestone® and Holts® businesses. We develop, manufacture and market antifreeze/coolant and other automotive functional fluids and car appearance products in North America and key international markets. Prestone® is the number one branded consumer choice for antifreeze/coolant in North America. Other brands in our Automotive Care business include Holts®, Redex® and Simoniz® (outside North America).
Position location: Northwest Arkansas.
Essential Job Functions
The Category Advisor will work cross-functionally, supporting the Walmart account, leveraging syndicated and POS data in order to optimize pricing, promotion, shelving, and assortment with the goal of maximizing profit and shopper satisfaction. Candidates must be able to employ our Category Management tools in appropriate situations to grow distribution, space, and promotion frequency (JDA Prospace, Nielsen/IRI, Panel, POS, Feature Vision, etc). The ideal candidate will have a high level of comfort communicating and translating key information and analyzing data while working in a fast pace environment.
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, education and experience:
- IRI, Nielsen or NPD experiencepreferred
- Microsoft office, advanced ability with Excel, PowerPoint, Databasereporting
- Space Management software knowledge (JDA)
- Understanding of Tableau and/or like tools
Bachelor’s Degreerequired & minimum of 5 years data analysis / category management experience within a consumer goods company
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a cross functional environment
- High energy and drive to succeed
- Knowledge of Walmart & ability to build relationships with the Walmart buyers through consistent delivery of value Ex: Walmart specific category reviews providing unbiased analysis, interpretation and recommendations for improving category performance.
- Provide input into customer planning cycle based on knowledge of category and shopper trends, competitive issues, etc.
- Collaborate with local sales team on a continuous basis & create reporting and insights to support local team
- Develop compelling selling stories to support strategic category and brand initiatives by leveraging fact based data and shopper insights
- Provide updates on Walmart key events to HQ such as major POG transition recaps, analysis of monthly trends, holidays and specific price/promo events throughout the year