Job Role Summary
As a member of ExxonMobil Chemical Company’s (EMCC) Global Manufacturing organization, the Catalyst Plant Senior Manufacturing Engineer will use chemicalengineering principles to solve problems, expand process operating windows, and improve the performance at EMCC’s Beaumont Texas Catalyst plant. The process engineer will have an in depth understanding of the current state of process technology in the catalyst manufacturing industry and will work withother specialists within the EMCC and ExxonMobil Research and Engineering (EMRE) organizations to support the Beaumont Catalyst Plant (BMCP) located in Beaumont, TX.
Job Role Responsibilities
• Applies personnel and process safety principles within EMCC facilities
• Maintains and builds the organization's in-depth knowledge of zeolite catalysts and catalyst technology
• Drives improvement within EMCC operations through technical contribution and innovation
• Leads teams of technical professionals in resolving complex technical issues
• Assists in new product/process technology development
• Drives site improvement projects to enhance manufacturing efficiency and performance.
• Assist commercialization of new technology developed in the Global Chemicals Technology and EMRE labs
• Expands process operating windows and manufacturing capabilities
• Development of less experienced technical professionals
• Uses publicly available sources (e.g. patent literature) to remain current on current state of catalyst technology
• Team player within the EMCC technical community
• Manage multiple tasks simultaneously, using less experienced resources to leverage more experienced resources
• Minimum B.S. in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• A minimum of 5 years of manufacturing plant experience, preferably in Zeolite catalyst manufacturing plant operations.
• Familiarity with solids handling technologies
• Familiarity with zeolite catalyst technologies
• Expert in the use of industry catalyst technologies
• Effective verbal and written skills (develops technical reports and technology rollout presentations at plant sites)
• Interacts effectively with all levels of the organization on technical topics
• Leader and self-starter, takes the initiative in applying, developing and communicating technical issues
• Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data from commercial plant operations
• Good presentation skills, capable of representing the company to external entities
• Demonstrated knowledge or experience in catalyst manufacturing operations
• Understands economic analysis, market issues, as they relate to use, acquisition, and development of technology
• Able to multi-task, prioritize, delegate, and leverage internal resources effectively
• Able to work effectively in a team environment
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.