Position Summary: The individual has the responsibility for overall revenue / profit growth of our $20M Standard Parts business unit, within Cooper’s ISG (Industrial & Specialty Group). This will be achieved through: New product development, Market analysis / initiatives, Distribution Strategy, and Price Strategy. Additionally, this position will manage the order entry & Inventory control duties completed within the Standard Parts department.
- Responsible for achieving the annual revenue plan of the Standard Parts business (Fluid and Sealing parts), while maintaining our current margin percentage.
- Develop new revenue opportunities for sales growth with both our existing as well as finding new customers, utilizing our quoting process.
- Conduct market analysis of our product lines as compared to our competitors and develop a strategy to win with both the OEM’s as well as the key Distributionnetwork.
- Utilize our annual budget to Identify & implement marketing Initiatives to get our brand name into the world, using Media Campaigns, Website’s, Amazon Business and trade shows.
- Develop pricing & rebate strategies for both Distributors and Manufacturing customers to keep us competitive in the market place.
- Responsible for developing annual budget and monthly sales forecast for Standard Parts, with focus on recovery from any shortfall.
- Frequent contact with Distribution / OEM customers to understand shortages/overage in their sales, set next year targets, understand their expectations as well as seeking input on future opportunities for new business.
- Properly utilize internal systems and procedures, while striving for improvements to both our software and manual systems.
- Support the customer in regards to delivery and quality issues
- Direct Account Management duties for specific customers to include: processing RFQ’s, Contracts, PO acceptance and manage product launch.
- Manage Standard Parts team, which duties include: Order Entry, CSR / MRP for warehouse, Inside Sales
- Ad Hoc projects as needed.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience Managing & Developing Distribution sales channels, with a firm understanding of how to successfully operate within them.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Engineering or Business preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Technical capability to properly represent the Company’s products to the Customer.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external customers and internal cross functional teams to bring complex issues to a swift resolution.
- Experience in all phases of the selling cycle with demonstrated successful negotiation experience
- Project management skills are desired with excellent ability to prioritize, multitask and organize
- Must be an effective leader of people
- Willingness and ability to travel, as necessary
EEO Notice We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor