company logo

Casualty Treaty Underwriter at Odyssey Re in Stamford, CT

Save

compensation:

$80K — $100K *

specialty:

Banking, Loans & Insurance

experience:

8 - 10 years

Job Description

Description

OdysseyRe offers a broad range of property, casualty, and specialty reinsurance solutions through a network of 14 branch and representative offices around the world. Reinsurance is primarily underwritten by Odyssey Reinsurance Company, with Odyssey Re Europe S.A. available under specific circumstances. OdysseyRe is the reinsurance arm of the Odyssey Group, a global (re)insurance enterprise wholly-owned by Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited.

We are dedicated to developing future leaders of our organization and the reinsurance industry. Currently, we are seeking candidates with a total of +7 years of reinsurance experience, preferably in casualty treaty underwriting, to fill the role of AVP / VP, Casualty Underwriter in our Stamford, CT office.

This role is responsible for underwriting and managing a treaty portfolio with a heavy focus on auto liability and moderate focus on general liability, excess / umbrella and program business for both standard li

See More

Valid through: 7/7/2020

About Odyssey Re

Odyssey Re Holdings Corp. headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, United States, is an underwriter of property and casualty treaty and facultative reinsurance, as well as specialty insurance. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fairfax Financial, a financial services holding company. OdysseyRe operates through four divisions: Americas, EuroAsia, London Market and US Insurance. OdysseyRe offers a range of property, casualty, surety and credit, marine and energy, aviation and space reinsurance products from offices around the world. For the year ended December 31, 2010, reinsurance represented 65.0% of gross premiums written, and primary insurance represented the remaining 35.0%. Odyssey Re was listed as one of Americas 400 Best Big Companies by Forbes in 2008 for the fourth time. The companys support of a Super-PAC in the 2012 U.S. Presidential elections has been deemed controversial by some as interference by a Canadian-owned entity in US domestic politics.
Total Jobs:
8
Average Pay:
$139,444
Total value of jobs:
$1,255,000
% Masters:
38%
Learn More About Odyssey Re
* Ladders Estimates