Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 133 days ago
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manages, directs, and controls assigned claims area and ensures that all work performed by the area is handled in accordance with established corporate policies, procedures, philosophy and applicable law.
1. Maintains Casualty staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
2. Accomplishes staff results in a timely and accurate fashion by communicating job expectations: planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; coordinating and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
3. Establishes audit schedule for audits associated with assigned area. Ensures that audits are performed on a regular basis and that audit results are reported to management.
4. Ensures that uniform claim procedures are used for file handling including compliance with state laws and regulations and with Company policy and Best Practice.
5. Maintains knowledge of current statutes, regulatory requirements and case law in each assigned state and advises offices accordingly.
6. Communicates with other departments as required to solve problems and coordinate activities.
7. Completes management training in a timely manner as assigned.
8. Must have regular predictable attendance.
9. Submits monthly activity reports regarding the results and activities of assigned area.
10. Ensures effective training of personnel in assigned area including software training.
11. Ensures training is developed and conducted for claims department regarding relevant topics for the area.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
INTERNAL: Interacts with other Company personnel at all levels.
EXTERNAL: Insureds, claimants, vendors, and attorneys.
Direct supervision of casualty employees in assigned area.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND/OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Five (5) or more years of experience in a Claims Management position, or supervisory experience or equivalent claims experience
2. Knowledge of medical terminology and regular and customary treatment regiments.
3. Strong technical ability and knowledge of automobile policies, statutes and trends
4. A thorough knowledge of Company claims handling procedures.
5. Must have excellent communication skills.
SPECIAL DEMANDS OR WORKING CONDITIONS
Travel is required at times with little advance notice.
All the above accountabilities and activities under the heading Essential Activities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their Supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.