We are seeking a senior investment casting product engineer for our Materials & Processes Engineering organization to develop advanced tooling and casting mold designs for the production of advanced commercial and military turbine engine components. You will also partner with the appropriate quality lead to ensure dimensional conformance of cast products and you will serve as the technical interface with internal and external customers and suppliers to effectively support the Materials & Processes Engineering casting facility (Rapid Prototype Casting Laboratory (RPCL)). Duties include:
- Collaborating with various design groups to add foundry specific features to the CAD design for tooling release.
- Advancing the state of technologies for tooling and laboratory support fixtures in support of manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate and develop new tooling resources and technology.
- Working with Process Modeling personnel to simulate and optimize processes.
- Ensuring the uniformity and efficiency of mold designs to optimize process efficiency.
- Ensuring dimensional conformance of final product to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Leading efforts to enhance the quality of cast components produced in the RPCL.
- You will also maintain responsibility for analyzing and enhancing production processes to minimize non-conformances by implementing specific corrective actions where necessary to improve efficiency and overall part quality.
- You will be responsible for defining and implementing lead time, cost reduction and process improvement opportunities.
- You will utilize statistical process control and Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) tools to maximize and optimize RPCL throughput. Coordinating cell activities with the foundry shop supervisor, RPCL manager and peer engineers.
- 10% travel
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- B.S. degree in Engineering with 5+ years of Product Engineering experienceOR
- M.S. degree in Engineering with 2+ years of Product Engineering experienceOR
- Entry-level Ph.D. in Engineering
- US Citizen due to program requirements
- B.S., MS or Ph.D. in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Materials Science
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication
- Practical knowledge and work experience relative to the manufacture of investment casting components/products.
- Fluency in product and tooling electronic definition interpretation.
- A demonstrated history of implementing, maintaining and monitoring tooling for cast/core products and designing/monitoring associated quality assurance/control measures
- Confirmed hands-on developmental and manufacturing experience with investment casting injection molding and wax assembly machinery and processes.
- Full proficiency in Computer-aided Design (CAD) systems such as Unigraphics.
- Ability to effectively work in a laboratory environment with a diverse group of skilled operator (hourly) and professional (engineering) staff.