Job Title: Casting Designer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Waterloo, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Develops and evaluates new technologies or methods (mechanics, hydraulics, algorithms, software, etc.)
- Plans and executes engineering work for product validation and verification of significant parts of major projects or complete projects with well defined objectives.
- Responsible for problem identification and resolution, corrective action tracking, reliability analysis and verification/validation test plan development. Is a member of a product/project team. Provides guidance on test procedures to engineers and support personnel.
- Duties: Designs, schedules and performs field and/or lab tests to validate new product designs.
- Analyzes complex test data, draws conclusions and summarizes reports, acting as liaison between the Product Verification & Validation (PV&V) dept and product engineering. Performs analyses of customer data (i.e. warranty, Dealer Technical Assistance Center (DTAC), customer satisfaction surveys, Early Detection Problem Resolution (EDPR)).
- Plans and performs analytical and experimental work to obtain undefined operating loads and/or develop new test procedures.
- Gives work direction to test operators. Assists in developing and coordinating changes to product definition documents.
- Coordinates problem identification activities and tracks corrective action progress.
Required Skill Set:
- Ideal candidate will have background with designing and manufacturing of CASTINGS. 2+ years experience in a foundry or designing for a foundry. CREO background. Univ. N. Iowa - Metal Castings program would be a good target.
- Should be able to work in a team, but also be self sufficient to complete projects. Knowledge of casting tolerances would be a plus (GD&T for castings).
- 8 hours per day are expected and these can be put in between 5;30 AM TO 6:00 pm. PPE including safety shoes necessary.