To provide leadership and direction for the effective operation of the Intalco Casthouse in order to meet/exceed the annual business plan and deliver on internal and external customer expectations. This position will manage an organization with 4-5 supervisors and approx.100 hourly employees.
Major Activities/Key Challenges
- Provide leadership to assigned resources to ensure that environment, health and safety are the first priority of the business.
- Develop annual operating plans and departmental budgets for the assigned areas.
- Oversee labor/management activities in assigned departments to ensure that business needs are met.
- Drive change in order to create a Continuous Improvement environment in the assigned departments.
- Oversee the operations of the assigned departments to ensure departmental cost objectives are achieved. Accountable to ensure work hours, headcount, KPI’s, and inventories meet Plan.
- Conduct Performance Management for direct reports and provide guidance on Performance Management to direct reports that supervise others.
- Maintain linkage with appropriate Center of Excellence/Sales/Quality personnel to ensure customer requirements are consistently met.
- Maintain linkage with appropriate Smelting, Maintenance and key customers to ensure customer/supplier requirements are consistently met.
Key Business Challenges
- Impact the rate of change in safety, cost reductions, and Continuous Improvement deployment.
- Maximize returns from the Casthouse business through diligent focus and attention on cost control.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience; in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- An understanding of manufacturing facility; the processes, materials, and people.
- 4 yeardegree from an accredited university.
- Demonstrated ability in providing leadership, achieving results and driving change is required.Demonstrated PC skills are required, including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS-Outlook.
- 10 years supervisory or management related experiencepreferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of metal casting operations.
- Bachelors Degree in a technical or engineering discipline.
- Experience with Oracle.