The principle role of this position is the supervision of all aspects of the melting operations with the primary role being the supervision of bargaining unit and salary personnel to maintain a timely and cost effective supply of molten metal to the casting units. The principle challenge of this position is to work closely with direct reports and supervisors to maximize casting unit utilization and output through the effective utilization of resources and technology to charge melting furnaces assuring that safety, quality, and productions standards are met.
- Providing leadership and direction to direct reports (assignments, decision – making, recognition, performance feedback and discipline) for the cost effective utilization of resources and technology to maximize molten metal output to achieve Plant strategy and milestones including safety, customer satisfaction and return on invested capital.
- Demonstrating and actively supporting the policies and concept that all injuries can be prevented through continued improvement in plant safety performance.
- Directing production efforts, providing technical coaching, and empowering employees to achieve maximum contribution.
- Adopting and supporting the concept that production will partner with maintenance to pro actively work toward the goal of achieving 100% equipment availability and maintenance uptime, creating value through reduced manufacturing cost and improved product quality.
- Ensuring that melting processes are operated in statistical control, and driving improvement in recovery, delivery performance, lead-time and flow time, inventory levels, costs, asset utilization, and system capability.
- Support ABS and continuous improvement activities to improve efficiency of casting
- Provide first response to Team Leaders and Production employees when production is jeopardized or area shuts down due to equipment failure, safety and/or quality issues.
- Ensuring employee skill qualifications to specific job classifications are satisfied and the training matrix is updated to ensure quality standards and training plans are current.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in aluminum casting
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience leading direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution.