Cassandra Platform Engineer
Our client is hiring a Cassandra Platform Engineer, this candidate will join the applications team, this team works on large-scale data storage, low-latency retrievals, high-volume requests, and high availability over a distributed environment.
Their goal is to create standardized solutions to these challenges by building core services and technology frameworks for all teams.
Using NoSQL technologies such as HBase and Cassandra this team is building these platforms.
This team offers Cassandra as a hosted service for high-impact applications such as market data caches and trade life-cycle event stores.
Right now, the team is working cluster provisioning, workflows for keyspace and schema management, implementing client libraries for custom load balancing and retry policies and investigating containerization and cloud deployment solutions. We also provide solutions engineering for application teams, helping them with data modeling and architecture.
- Help application teams looking to use Cassandra with workload characterization, performance tuning and failure analysis
- Develop innovative tooling ranging from auto-tuning clusters for a given workload to mediator services that handle workload management for multi-tenant deploys.
- Identify feature gaps in the technology and work with our vendor partners and the open source community to co-design and co-develop features and bug fixes
- Experience designing and implementing low-latency, high-scalability systems
- Solid production experience with Cassandra, in a platform/infrastructure role
- Strong experience with systems-level Java - knowledge of garbage collection internals, concurrency models, native & async IO and Off-heap memory management
- Experiencetroubleshooting complex distributed systems, hotfixing them and providing patches to upstream in a timely manner.