Cassandra/ No - SQL DBA
We are looking for Cassandra/ No-SQL DBA for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Cassandra/ No-SQL DBA
Job Location: ??Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Database administration position involving Configuration, Administration, Monitoring, Security Management, Performance Tuning, Replication, Backup/Restore and troubleshooting of Cassandra and other Open source / Big Datadatabases in a highly dynamic environment.
- This position is part of a very dynamic Database Administration team with highly talented individuals. The team has well rounded skills on application, infrastructure and databasearchitectures.
- The team has consistently provided the highest database uptime (?99.999%) for the business by process automation, standardization and proactive monitoring & remediation.
- The successful candidate will be an effective contributor in the team by providing advanced technical and operational support/guidance in support of operational and project related activities.
- The successful candidate will represent the database team as SME in interactions with project teams and other departments in support of business objectives.
- Responsible for recommending database solutions to recognized problems and for design and implementation of new Cassandra databases.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of Cassandra databases in clusters and setup & maintain replication for active/active solutions between data centers.
- Responsible for configuring backup / restore utilities and developing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Responsible for setting up effective monitoring for alerts and capacity analysis. Also, tuning the database environment to insure optimal performance and resource utilization.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating documentation necessary to support the database operations by the DBA team.
- Responsible for recommending optimal schema designs for better performance and scalability
- Responsible for enforcing Enterprise security policies and procedures on databases
- Write and maintain scripts in support of database maintenance to ensure consistent performance. Maintain solid working knowledge of functionality of existing platforms and future enhancements.
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for applications and systems and advanced technical support for database related project activities
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Configure and tune databases and operating system software to ensure optimum performance and resource utilization.
- Function as the technical liaison between System Administrators and DBA teams. Provide mentoring to fellow administrators.
- Minimum Required
- Minimum of 2+ years in supporting Cassandra databases in a multi-zone clustered environment
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in Linux
- Minimum of 5+ years working in IT development and/or technical support
- Strong knowledge of how NoSQL technologies interact and complement
- Deep understanding of Cassandra architecture and internal framework
- Experience in tuning JVM
- Experience with MySQL is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of various troubleshooting tasks (ex. Latency Analysis, Thread state Analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of installation and configuration procedures.
- Knowledge of add/bootstrap nodes to clusters
- Knowledge of remove/replace nodes in clusters
- Knowledge of replication/partitioning/clustering between data centers
- Experience in Cassandra Data Modeling
- Working knowledge of hardware, including RAID, multi-processor architecture, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of shell scripting (i.e. command line applications, batch files, etc.)
- Minimum Required
- Bachelor?s Degree. Computer Science/Technical equivalent experience