Case Manager Support Coordinator (Crisis)
Rappahannock Rapidan Community Services - Culpeper, VA
This role will seek to provide admissionsupport to individuals suffering from Crisis situations (Substance abuse) by directing them to local treatment locations for assistance.
Responsibilities for the role of Case Manager Support Coordinator (Crisis)
- Coordinates involuntary and voluntary admissions to inpatient psychiatric facilities, crisis stabilization units, and substance abuse detox and residential programs.
- Provides case management services to individuals.
- Provides access services to the Agency, serves as Agency “gatekeeper” to services by screening initial telephone calls and walk-in requests; makes referrals as appropriate.
- Triages emergency and crisis mental health and substance abuse services requests.
- Provides continuity of care services by monitoring patients’ status and compliance with treatment recommendations; coordinates further emergency, crisis intervention or other agency or community services if indicates.
Requirements for the role of Case Manager Support Coordinator (Crisis)
- Associate’s degree in Human Services or related field.
- 3 years clinical experience providing direct behavioral health services to adults with mental illness, developmental disability, or receiving gerontology or special education services.
- General knowledge of community and agency resources and programs of regional and state sources for the community service population.
- General knowledge of interviewing and supportive counseling techniques.
- General knowledge of social casework techniques.
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word and Excel.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with acceptable record.
Job Type: Full-time
- Culpeper, VA
- High school or equivalent
- Case management services: 2 years
- Interviewing and supportive counseling technique: 2 years
- admissions of inpatient Psych/ Substance abuse facilities: 3 years