Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Position Title: Case Manager
Position Number: 260922
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Desired Skill Set:
Compliance, Healthcare, Management
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or consider Corp 2 Corp candidates.”
Title: Case Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA 94588
Duration: 12 Months
Grievance Processor/Case Manager
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions
• Participate in managing the organization''s complaint and grievance process.
• Accountable for investigation of all issues, including collection and documentation of appropriate data.
• Identify and address specialty / flagged cases and follow appropriate processes for different types of cases.
• Communicate with a diverse set of internal and external clientele to achieve excellent results in the areas of complaint and grievance handling, compliance, documentation and enhancement of the member experience.
• Partner with and outreach to internal staff, other MS Departments, managers and physicians to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
• Research, resolve and communicate complaints and grievances filed by members and communicate Health Plan''s decisions appropriately back to member or their authorized representatives Ensure that complaints and grievances are processed in accordance with regulations, compliance standards and policies and procedures.
• Meet timeframes for performance while balancing the need to produce high quality work related to complex and sensitive member issues.
• Ensure integrity of departmental database by thorough, timely and accurate entry, consistent with regulatory protocols and effectively manage case resolution inbox everyday Participate in departmental meetings, trainings and audits as requested.
• Answer questions and manage members on existing / open cases Escalate issues to management as appropriate to maintain compliance.
• Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications (Indicate minimum years of job experience, skills or abilities required for the job.).
• Two years’ experience in a service related industry.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with peers in self-managed teams.
• Ability to prioritize work and ensure all compliance elements are met.
• Demonstrated conflict resolution and mediation skills with ability to secure action from multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to use sound judgment and to handle complex issues independently, but with the knowledge and ability to escalate and ask for help when needed.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a time-sensitive environment involving patients, family members and advocates.
• Extensive working knowledge of personal computers to include Windows based software applications, MS Word, etc.
• (added) Ability to multitask and manage time in order to perform well on long term projects while being flexible enough to assimilate short term projects on an ongoing basis.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications (Indicate preferred years of job experience, skills or
abilities required for the job.)
• Two years’ experience in a complex health care environment.
• Strong working knowledge of federal and state regulations, laws and accreditation standards related to health care and managed care organizations.
• Knowledge of member complaint and grievance processing preferred.
• Competent working knowledge of Client Health Plan benefits plan/contracts/systems strongly preferred.
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.