Less than 5 years
Posted 117 days ago
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Case Manager-Neonatal Nursing
The Case Manager is an expert clinical practitioner and skilled manager of clinical systems that impact patient care:
- Coordinates interdisciplinary care for a select caseload of patients from pre-admission through post discharge and taking into consideration the age and development needs of the patient
- Is responsible for the interdisciplinary coordination of patient care as established by critical paths, managed care contracts, and individualized interdisciplinary plans of care.
- Mobilizes resources and manages the system(s) in order to respond to concurrent and retrospective variances according to the critical path or interdisciplinary individualized plan of care
- Participates in developing, evaluating, and revising critical paths, analyzing and utilizing aggregate variances and trends to improve clinical, quality, and fiscal outcomes
- Maintains knowledge of and responds to clinical system, and fiscal data related to specific patient populations.
-Master's degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
-Advanced clinical skills in specialty area or equivalent.
-General computer knowledge and capability to use computers.
-Ability to analyze complex data sets.
-Advanced interpersonal skills.
-Ability to communicate effectively and concisely both verbally and in writing.
-Ability to influence and negotiate individual and group decision-making.
-Ability to function effectively in a fluid, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment.
-Ability to analyze, synthesize, and summarize information to make judgments regarding patient care.
Required License, Certification, etc:
-Current registered nurse license in the state of Maryland.
-Minimum of three years' full-time Pediatric nursing experience.
Additional Screening Criteria:
-Acute communication skills and would like to see some leadership experience as well.
-Proficient with information technology software and data bases.
-Grounded in Patient Family Centered Care philosophy.
Requisition #: 177608