Working at Horizon Pharma is more than a job – it’s personal. We define success by a different set of numbers: the number of lives touched, the number of lives changed, the number of lives saved. We’re a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we’re a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help patients live up to theirs.
- Day to day oversight and awareness of patient customer service issues with insurance, the specialty pharmacy, and patient support programs
- Work closely with the Reimbursement Team, PAMs, the hub, pharmacy, and the patient/family to case manage all steps required to gain access to therapy
- Partner with Safety and Pharmacovigilance and report adverse events and product complaints through medical information
- Maintain case history for all U.S. patients, entering relevant notes from the hub, the pharmacy, calls to insurance, patient support programs, physicians and nurses, and the patients and families
- Maintain and update patient status to track reimbursement and shipping status of U.S. patients
- Triage, troubleshoot and resolve initial and ongoing reimbursement issues (PAs, denials, appeals, reauthorizations, overrides, billing problems)
- Liaise with medical offices as necessary to obtain insurance authorizations
- Counsel patients and family on insurance and reimbursement options
- Identify general and specific adherence trends and suggest appropriate action
- Daily interaction with Clinical Science Associates (CSAs), Patient Access Managers (PAMs) and Regional Medical Directors (RMDs) to ensure current and accurate communication on the status of insurance approvals and reauthorizations
- Assist in developing strategy, manage, track, and report on Open Enrollment efforts annually to ensure every patient has access to adequate insurance
- Advise patients and families on insurance, financial assistance and therapeutic access programs
- Attend patient meetings, industry conferences and sales meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- 2+ years prior experience as a Case Manager.
- Scientific or nursing background a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and commitment to customer service.
- Ability to effectively resolve hurdles across multiple cases at the same time.
- Ability to learn product and disease information, familiarity with HIPAA and FDA.
- Ability to manage communication with case managers and sales reps across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Up to 20% travelrequired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional demeanor.
- Self-starter attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Essential Core Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results
- Strategic Agility
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone