We offer exciting career opportunities regionally as well as internationally, educational assistance programs, competitive pay and benefits, language training programs, and many other personal and professional development programs that are a part of our vision and values that drive our ongoing success.
- This position is home office based. Candidate must be located within a close (reasonable) proximity to a large airport. Preference given to candidates on the Eastern side of the USA.
- Research of new market coating,adhesive and sealant (CAS) opportunities by understanding the customer product and technical requirements in order to provide competitive solutions using LANXESS Urethane product lines and technologies.
- Develop CAS opportunity pipeline, ensuring technical and commercial validation of projects and actively manage projects through commercialization of new business; including direct interface with Product Management and production sites, especially in Baxenden UK and Perth Amboy, NJ to ensure alignment with capacity and profitability.
- Channel partner and route to market assessment with Regional Management to ensure correct distributor is allocated for CAS products. Routine management of selected distributor to defend existing and grow new business.
- Maintain existing and develop new professional customer relationships, to provide timely first call technical support to customers. Increase Lanxess exposure and possibilities for new developments by creating a network of contacts within a customer, focusing on R&D contacts and key decision makers.
- Commercial management of accounts including negotiation of product pricing, service levels and terms with both new and existing portfolio of customers.
- Understand customer projects, demand and forecast. Professional use of CRM and forecasting tools to ensure supply and demand planning accuracy and detailed customer records for market and product data, visit reports and pipeline opportunities.
- Coordinate with supply chain, operations, marketing and application development team to ensure delivery of growth plans in territory and provide additional value to customers including joint development work.
- Bachelor’s degree; Technical Science field preferred
- 5-10 years experience
- Knowledge of competitive and complementary technologies, with emphasis on the application and use of Polyurethanes in CAS.
- Experience and proven competence in the field of industrial coatings and/or adhesives and/or sealants.
- Highly self-motivated with bias for action.
- Ability to present and communicate strategic content and direction to senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship management and communications skills.
- Ability to value sell and develop new business. Proven track record of strong negotiation skills.
- Fluency in English. 50% travel required.