Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Carrier & Reseller (C&R) Sales Lead will lead a dedicated team supporting an elite set of Carrier & Reseller accounts. The successful candidate will execute and drive a team responsible for creating and driving strategic initiatives to develop customer relationships and drive sales of Global Communications Infrastructure services (Fiber, Transport & Cloud Networking) to specified prospects and customers.
The C&R Sales Lead will be responsible for actively supporting specific sales opportunities and developing, coaching, and leading sales teams to develop best practices and optimize their selling activity. This role will drive the team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals and provide guidance and counsel throughout the sales process to drive the sales cycle to closure.
This leader will recruit, retain and motivate the team for high performance and personally build executive relationships with Zayo top accounts. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of various Carrier & Reseller networks and strategies with the ability to work on large, complex deals applying a consultative and trusted advisor approach.
- Lead a team to generate sales revenue by actively promoting Zayo Network products and services to targeted account base.
- Provide coaching and support to the first line managers of their teams in the sale of Zayo products and services to select FAANG and Webscale industry customers
- Through coaching and technical sales, drive sale closure to shorten sales cycle and ensure sales goals and objectives are achieved.
- Present proposals and manage customers though the sales process.
- Maintain current business relationships with customers, securing existing revenue on long-term commitments.
- Apply knowledge of customers, industry, and services to achieve revenue targets.
- Identify, initiate contact with, and qualify potential customers.
- Track, analyze and report on sales performance and activities in Zayo’s CRM tool and other reporting tools.
- Develop accurate and timely forecasts of sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain records of customer activity for reporting of sales and forecasts.
- Provide accurate and timely information to the CCO and Sales executive team.
- Coordinate closely with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and revenue objectives met.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of high-level face-to-face sales presentations that demonstrate the latest Zayo products and services.
- Analyze customer requirements to understand how Zayo products and services can be applied to meet their needs and solve their problems.
- Keep abreast of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies in order to best position Zayo in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10-15+ years’ in sales leadership positions
- 7+ years’ demonstrated experience leading successful sales teams.
- Existing Carrier, Reseller and industry partner relationships across North America are desired.
- Builder of repeatable best practices and strong financial acumen.
- Demonstrated success and consistency in achieving targeted sales goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building and maintaining skills.
- Thorough understanding of account management and the strategic selling process.
- Effective problem solving, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus.
- Complete understanding of Zayo Networks value proposition, products and services such as Ethernet, OCN, IP Transport, Dark Fiber, Custom Access, and Colocation.
- Consistent focus on results and goal achievement.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel approximately 30-50% of the time.