Virtela, an NTT Communications Company, is the leading innovator in global cloud networking. We deliver award-winning services in managednetworks, security, cloud, and IT infrastructure management. The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by numerous industry awards during the past year.
Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 750 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in US, India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Virtela Technology Services Incorporated is searching for an experienced Carrier Relationss Manager to manage 3rd party vendors associated with Onboarding, contract negotiations, pricing negotiations and escalations including weekly performance discussions. In this role you will find yourself performing the following duties:
- Own and manage vendor relationship, escalations and all contract negotiations for assigned carriers.
- Functions as single point of contact for vendor issue resolution. Leads efforts to research and resolve issues/concerns for vendors with assigned internal and external customers. Monitors and follows through to ensure resolution of chronic support issues with partners/vendors and addresses problems regarding compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Assists in defining requirements of partners for Statements of Work and predetermined Service Level Agreements.
- Leads Vendor Management/Managed Services team for new product implementation project teams. Leads efforts in emerging technologies to ensure vendor understands the change in the marketplace.
- Collaborates with Virtela Operations organizations to determine their needs/requirements for vendor support for both Service Delivery & Global Operations Center (GOC).
- Leads weekly/monthly operational review meetings with vendors to ensure positive processes and SLA adherence.
- Teams with vendors to develop vendor capacity reporting, End user requirements and NNI / HUB design.
- Maintains Vendor Escalations contact records for Provisioning, Maintenance and Billing contacts with 3rd party providers.
- Maintains current knowledge of new products and product enhancements that impact vendor agreements. Identifies and addresses issues, and works with management to ensure agreements are updated and executed to include additional vendor requirements as needed.
- Addresses vendor concerns and requirements as needed to ensure complete supportability of customer needs.
- Compiles data and provides information, feedback, reports to otherinternal organizations and to management on vendor performance, pricing and footprint.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of telecom network offerings such as Ethernet, TDM, DSL and Wireless access providers also required.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint; experience with project Management software a plus
- Contract negotiations (MSA, Pricing, SLA and Amendments)
- Vendor Escalations
- Customer service skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation and reporting skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced changing environment.
- 7 years min previous experience in telecommunications industry, specifically in vendor management in consultation and/or engineering required. This experience should include:
NOC Operations, Provisioning and Maintenance services & escalations processes.
- BS Degree Engineering (preferably in telecommunications) or equivalent applicable technical experiencerequired.